Zaino or No?

Posted by: BigDaddys98

Zaino or No? - 03/05/08 08:48 AM

I purchased some of the Zaino wax with the Xcellerator and my question is when is the best temp to use this stuff and how many coats should be applied? Does this stuff really make one shine better? Thanks Guys
Posted by: Chewy

Re: Zaino or No? - 03/05/08 01:26 PM

Click on the Zaino link here , and yes, it really does make a difference savewave
Posted by: Cannon

Re: Zaino or No? - 03/05/08 03:17 PM

I use Zaino and it will make it shine better. It will last a long , long time as it is more of a sealer. I have 9 coats of Zaino on my 2001 Millineum Yellow. I have since applied some carnuba over it. About 5 thin coats) Lot wetter shine for Yellows, Blacks, Reds. ( Does not last very long at all) Zaino is not as much temperature unfriendly as humidity unfriendly. Air needs to be dry. There, you have my 2 cents worth.
I have a good friend that has a detail shop. We have a deal. I furnish the beer and he comes over to the house and waxes my car. All of the above I got from him
Cannon
Posted by: jrose7004

Re: Zaino or No? - 03/05/08 03:36 PM

I've never used Zaino as it looks like way more work than I like to get into waxing a car.
Posted by: photonhunter

Re: Zaino or No? - 03/05/08 04:10 PM

jrose 7004 said:
Quote:
"I've never used Zaino as it looks like way more work than I like to get into waxing a car."
Although Zaino does have all of those multiple coats, they do wipe off easily.
I can't say if a carnuba wax gives a better shine or adds more protection than Zaino, although it appears that the Zaino does give more 'depth' to the shine (purely subjective on my part).

dan
Posted by: jrose7004

Re: Zaino or No? - 03/05/08 04:33 PM

I've been a Meguiars user for quite some time!
Posted by: leadfoot

Re: Zaino or No? - 03/05/08 05:31 PM

Zanio here and it lasts a long time and shines great. Once you become familiar it isnt any more involved then other shiners. What I like is it lasts and looks great
Posted by: Cannon

Re: Zaino or No? - 03/05/08 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by leadfoot:
Zanio here and it lasts a long time and shines great. Once you become familiar it isnt any more involved then other shiners. What I like is it lasts and looks great
\Zaino is like the eveready bunny, it lasts and lasts. I have just been experimenting with some carnubas. Ordered some Pinnacle as well.
Cannon
Posted by: jrose7004

Re: Zaino or No? - 03/05/08 11:57 PM

Anyone on here use Adams?
Posted by: hcvone

Re: Zaino or No? - 03/06/08 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrose7004:
I've never used Zaino as it looks like way more work than I like to get into waxing a car.
It's no more work than any other wax product. smile
Posted by: hcvone

Re: Zaino or No? - 03/06/08 06:58 AM

Moving to Car Care Section
Posted by: hcvone

Re: Zaino or No? - 03/06/08 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDaddys98:
I purchased some of the Zaino wax with the Xcellerator and my question is when is the best temp to use this stuff and how many coats should be applied? Does this stuff really make one shine better? Thanks Guys
Above 40 degrees is best, 2-3 coats is what I would do, that way you are done for months. smile
Posted by: bados

Re: Zaino or No? - 03/06/08 08:19 AM

Zaino or no? No. I use and recommend a product called LIQUID GLASS. It's used on planes, boats, any non porus fiberglass finishes. It's not a wax but has a chemical that retains the polish & shine. Actually, it's like adding coats of clear on your finish. My car has the wet look even when it's dirty. Great stuff and I've used it for years. It's got me many trophies at Corvette shows. It goes on easy and comes off easy. Look for the can with the picture of the midyear Corvette on it.
Posted by: J.B.

Re: Zaino or No? - 03/06/08 08:47 AM

Zaino rocks! Great product....

Still I've been using a product called Rejex and its pretty awesome too.

For natural products I really like Wolfgang and pinnical...(SP)

I'd be curious as to what HVCONE thinks of rejex?

Any testing done with that product..

The guys with black corvettes swear by it. FWIW..

JB
Posted by: RADARB8

Re: Zaino or No? - 03/06/08 10:39 AM

I just got a bottle of Rejex for Christmas and am waiting for spring to try it out. SEEFIVEDAVE uses Rejex on his car and I saw it at Eureka Springs and thought it had one of if not the best shine I have ever seen on a car. It looked a mile deep and I will be tickled to death if it make my LeMans blue car look half that good. I have always used Zymol before now but will strip all of it off prior to using the Rejex. Any secrets on using this stuff you can share??
Posted by: hcvone

Re: Zaino or No? - 03/10/08 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.B.:
Zaino rocks! Great product....

Still I've been using a product called Rejex and its pretty awesome too.

For natural products I really like Wolfgang and pinnical...(SP)

I'd be curious as to what HVCONE thinks of rejex?

Any testing done with that product..

The guys with black corvettes swear by it. FWIW..

JB
Rejex has good durability compared to most products, but it does not last longer than Zaino, and Rejex does not offer any car wash or detail products.
Posted by: hcvone

Re: Zaino or No? - 03/10/08 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bados:
Zaino or no? No. I use and recommend a product called LIQUID GLASS. It's used on planes, boats, any non porus fiberglass finishes. It's not a wax but has a chemical that retains the polish & shine. Actually, it's like adding coats of clear on your finish. My car has the wet look even when it's dirty. Great stuff and I've used it for years. It's got me many trophies at Corvette shows. It goes on easy and comes off easy. Look for the can with the picture of the midyear Corvette on it.
Our shops applied LG in the 80's and 90's, it was the first product that offered real durability many years ago, there are many products today that are easier to work with and offer better finishes. smile
Posted by: CNS

Re: Zaino or No? - 03/10/08 01:04 PM

Rejex user here. I applied a coat last May and it still beads water and shines like I just waxed it.Easy to apply and buff off.
Posted by: Cannon

Re: Zaino or No? - 03/13/08 09:22 AM

Zaino leather cleaner and the conditioner are great and make your car smell brand new.
Cannon