Click here to
show your support
for the NCM
and C5Forum.

Home Discussion Forums Do It Yourself Articles About Your Corvette About This Site

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#106141 - 01/26/09 03:02 PM What would become of the Corvette ?
SickC5 Offline

Loc: Dallas/Pittsburg, Texas
I was thinking. If GM were to ever go under, which it doesn't look like they will. What what would become of the American Icon known as the Corvette? With the numerous dedicated Vette owners ready to shell out some serious cash to get their hands on one of the greatest American sports cars ever built, would GM sell the rights to the Vette? Or would it become something for the books?

Just a thought...

#106142 - 01/26/09 09:02 PM Re: What would become of the Corvette ?
jrose7004 Offline
Full Throttle Member

Loc: Oklahoma City, OK
Someone would buy the mark for sure! How would you feel about a brand new Toyota Corvette?

#106143 - 01/27/09 08:05 AM Re: What would become of the Corvette ?
Smokensparks Offline
Full Throttle Member

Loc: Never Never Land
The car would continue to be built, but in what form, who knows. Toyvette? Maybe.

#106144 - 01/27/09 06:22 PM Re: What would become of the Corvette ?
SickC5 Offline

Loc: Dallas/Pittsburg, Texas
Ha... they did a nice job with a Supra but I dont think I'd feel to comfortable trading my bow tie for a Globe T.

#106145 - 01/27/09 07:25 PM Re: What would become of the Corvette ?
leadfoot Offline
Full Throttle Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
It would be a "pay day" for all Corvette owners if they stop or even slow down building the vette.. the crash in used Corvettes prices would slow down...seen what used C6Z's are going for lately?? killing the value of C5's all these C6's around cheap.. secret is the C5 is the best of the brand... it gets faster but not necessarily better xcept for the newness factor of parts that aint about to wear out... Love the Corvette and i hope they continue, I dont care if they get better/faster they are more than good enough already

Moderator:  BruceF, hcvone, J.B., Redshift