Click here to
show your support
for the NCM
and C5Forum.

Home Discussion Forums Do It Yourself Articles About Your Corvette About This Site

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#109385 - 09/30/11 02:27 PM lifts for multi car storage
jnlitz Offline
Full Throttle Member

Loc: Canton Ohio
Looking for some feed back on the possibility of installing a lift that will enable me to store two cars on top of each other. I've seen some adds for electric ones for around $5,000. I've got a three bay garage and three cars and I'm thinking of adding another car but hate to store anything outside or off site. Thought this might be a reasonable option. I thought about building another attached two car garage but at $40K or so doesn't seem like a practical option. I've got plenty of ceiling height, I would need to have the garage door track adjusted to be high enough to clear the top car, but that shouldn't be a problem.

We've got a C5, Acura, and Lexus and my wife would like to have a toy as well, probably a porche. We just need some additional space.

Any opinions or experience with this will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

#109397 - 10/01/11 11:15 PM Re: lifts for multi car storage [Re: jnlitz]
BruceF Offline
Full Throttle Member

Loc: Long Island, NY
I know a few people that have them. The big issue is if your ceiling is really high enough to accommodate a car on the lift and still get another one above it. The top of the car is usually lifted above the height of the support posts.

If you do get it, you should also rig up something to catch oil and any other leaking fluids from dripping onto the car below.

Edited by BruceF (10/01/11 11:16 PM)

Moderator:  BruceF, hcvone, J.B., Shag Finger