Click here to
show your support
for the NCM
and C5Forum.

Home Discussion Forums Do It Yourself Articles About Your Corvette About This Site

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#109510 - 10/22/11 12:51 PM Imagine a Ride in the New Corvette C7
J.B. Offline
Full Throttle Member

Loc: North East
"The Chevy Corvette has been an impressive sports car since the first generation, the C1. Each generation brings some modifications to the interior, exterior and under the hood. The promise of the C7 is quickly getting everybody excited, with significant and impressive changes all across the board. Internally, the C7 is still being referred to as Y1XX, however there has been plenty of speculation and photos snapped in order to say what’s part of the new Corvette.

Chevy’s designers have already said that the Corvette will feature a smaller back end than the C6. The quad design tailpipes are also maintained, however the two outside pipes have been closed off for show. Chevy is also trying to compete with Ferrari by offering a 7-speed gearbox as well as potentially a dual clutch.

Under the hood, drivers can anticipate nothing but good things as Chevy models the C7 after Corvette Racing. The engine will be a 5.5 liter V8 engine with anywhere between 440 and 485 HP. The engine will be in the front and the rear-wheel drive will be maintained because it is what people have come to know and respect about Corvette.

Sitting in the driver’s seat will be a new experience because of newly formatted bucket seats as well as modifications to the details of the interior, where Chevy has finally chosen to compete against other manufacturers of sports cars. Stare into the instrument panel and you won’t recognize much except for the tachometer and speedometer of white with the red needle. The rest of the gauge cluster has been changed up and there are rumors about an 8 inch color LCD screen too.

The Corvette C7 is going to blow past generations out of the water as long as all of the rumors and speculations are true. Visit Les Stanford Chevrolet Cadillac at 21730 Michigan Ave Dearborn, MI 48124 or Lesstanford.com today!"

http://lesstanford.weblogcars.com/im...w-corvette-c7/

#109517 - 10/24/11 12:51 PM Re: Imagine a Ride in the New Corvette C7 [Re: J.B.]
bucwheat Offline
Full Throttle Member

Loc: Evans Ga.
I would love to see a spy picture but GM being stingy .

#109518 - 10/24/11 04:07 PM Re: Imagine a Ride in the New Corvette C7 [Re: bucwheat]
jrose7004 Offline
Full Throttle Member

Loc: Oklahoma City, OK
Originally Posted By: bucwheat
I would love to see a spy picture but GM being stingy .

There will be some sooner or later for sure.

#109528 - 10/25/11 08:08 PM Re: Imagine a Ride in the New Corvette C7 [Re: J.B.]
leadfoot Offline
Full Throttle Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
The pics that I have seen look like a futuristic Caddy in front and the bat mobile with a built in Blue Moon cooler on the rear. I am sure the final product will be slick and my interest is peaked..direct port injection and dual disk clutch, upgraded interior..Grand Sport Coupe for me as I like the roof off too. GM should make a menu of options that includes different engines bolt on superchargers, upgraded brakes and clutches, open up the range of options...so I can have a supercharged GS coupe with ZR1 brakes and wheels. Customer centric marketing instead of what they got standard make standard what each customer wants within the available options.. Pay more and get it the way you want it using what they have in the parts bins?...

#109534 - 10/28/11 12:09 AM Re: Imagine a Ride in the New Corvette C7 [Re: J.B.]
jrose7004 Offline
Full Throttle Member

Loc: Oklahoma City, OK
I haven't seen any spy photos at all, just some drawings.

#109536 - 10/28/11 08:06 PM Re: Imagine a Ride in the New Corvette C7 [Re: J.B.]
J.B. Offline
Full Throttle Member

Loc: North East
none of us will for a few months and then we should get some news month by month..

Moderator:  BruceF, hcvone, J.B., Redshift