Click here to
show your support
for the NCM
and C5Forum.

Home Discussion Forums Do It Yourself Articles About Your Corvette About This Site

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#27814 - 04/29/02 10:05 AM Daytime Running Lights - Disable
JETJET Offline

Loc: Connecticut
I have checked this forum and others for a disable that will work on my 2000 Coupe. So far none has confused . I have removed the #2 fuse under the hood, I have blocked the contacts on the #38 & #40 relays, nothing has stopped the DRL from working. Any other ideas? Where exactly is the DRL control module on the 2000 Coupe?

Thanks

#27815 - 04/29/02 11:23 AM Re: Daytime Running Lights - Disable
Redshift Offline
Full Throttle Member

Loc: Raleigh, NC
On my 2000, I pulled the "Approach" fuse and it worked fine. thumbsup

Manager of PFYC.com - a Lifetime Member of NCM!

#27816 - 04/29/02 01:18 PM Re: Daytime Running Lights - Disable
Curtiss Offline

Loc: Glendale, AZ
Brian's right. I did the same on my 2000. The only side effects are it does set a minor code in the DIC and the side marker lights don't flash when you arm your alarm. However, the foglights still do so its no biggie.

-Curtiss

#27817 - 07/25/03 08:34 AM Re: Daytime Running Lights - Disable
Rumrunner Offline

Loc: Atlanta
Does this quick fix work on 99 C5's also. confused I just had my right front burn out and am going to replace both side set of bulbs. laugh Would be nice to turn those lights off during the day. smile Do they still work? Will they illuminate at night when Heads are on? Thanks guys for any help.

Rumrunner cool

Persoanl website http://www.angelfire.com/co4/lilredcorvette

NGIV / KewlRides: NGIV / KewlRides - Make A Difference

Albums: http://www.picturetrail.com/rhumrunner

#27818 - 07/25/03 08:10 PM Re: Daytime Running Lights - Disable
Chewy Offline
Full Throttle Member

Loc: North Augusta, SC
I have a 2001 coupe, the only thing I did was pull the #2 fuse, labeled 'approach', under the hood. The DRL's no longer come on and the backup lights no longer come on when I unlock the doors. Nothing else is affected, but you will get 3 codes on the DIC. One for each of the DRL's that don't work, and one for the backup lights that don't work for the 'approach' feature. The fog lights and tail lights still come on when the doors are unlocked with the key fob, and the turn signals and normal backup lights still work just fine. It SHOULD work the same way on your 2000??

It almost seems to me that GM thought of everyone trying to disable the DRL's, so they made that fuse work like that.

Current: 2012 Centennial Edition GS Coupe w/3LT & NPP mods list

#27819 - 07/26/03 03:54 PM Re: Daytime Running Lights - Disable
cgh1 Offline
C5Forum Fanatic

Loc: Charlotte, NC
All I did on my '01 Coupe was put a small/thin piece of cardboard between the relay contacts and all lights work as normal except DRLs are not on when car is.

I think it's relays 38 and 40. It's been so long, I don't remember.

#27820 - 07/31/03 06:45 AM Re: Daytime Running Lights - Disable
blowngt Offline

Loc: va
I pulled the approach fuse #2 uinder hood and it worked great. Door lock did not work first cycle, but it worked fine after a few lock/unlocks.

#27821 - 07/31/03 10:49 AM Re: Daytime Running Lights - Disable
motorman Offline
C5Forum Fanatic

Loc: pa
why would you want to do that as it is hard enought for us old folks to see the cars now so we do not pull out in front of you from a side street? i guess you never had a accident were the other guy says "i never saw you coming".

#27822 - 07/31/03 03:53 PM Re: Daytime Running Lights - Disable
hcvone Offline
Full Throttle Member

Loc: Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvani...
Quote:
Originally posted by motorman:
why would you want to do that as it is hard enought for us old folks to see the cars now so we do not pull out in front of you from a side street? i guess you never had a accident were the other guy says "i never saw you coming".
I agree I want to give people every chance to see the car coming.

Huntingdon Valley, PA.

www.hcvind.com

#27823 - 07/31/03 07:12 PM Re: Daytime Running Lights - Disable
MrEracer Offline

Loc: Aguila, Arizona, USA
I do a lot of freeway driving (1000 miles per week) and also intown driving... When on the freeway and I don't want DRL's to allert the 'Radar Cops' I just click my light switch up one position (park position). This turns off the DRL's and illuminates the parking lights which cannot be seen from the front. Make sure your fog lights are 'off' also... When in town, I return the switch to the 'off' position which turns the DRL's back on so that no one turns in front of me because they didn't see me... Best of both worlds...

Next time you're stopped behind a shinny bumper or pickup truck, check out your reflection and turn the light switch from 'off' to 'park' and you can see the results... cool

Shirl
SDRE

#27824 - 08/01/03 12:09 PM Re: Daytime Running Lights - Disable
Mark JD Offline

Loc: Venice, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by motorman:
I agree too! cheers
'98 Indy Pace Car #367 (of 1163)

A-4; Corsa Indy's w/ Pro-tips; Optima Red-top; Z06 Airbox w/K&N and red smooth air flow coupler; 3:15's and a few under-hood appearance Mods'!

#27825 - 08/03/03 10:58 PM Re: Daytime Running Lights - Disable
mcolucci Offline

Loc: Rochester, New York
I have to agree....the men in blue definitely know that the only cars out there with the bright yellow daytime running lights are the C5's and the newer F-bodies. I know that I have been picked out of a crowd before with laser due to the lights. Got one last year at 96mph.

I also agree that putting on your running lights without fog lights for the thruway is the way to go. I like the DRL's on town/city streets.

#113888 - 10/24/18 07:35 PM Re: Daytime Running Lights - Disable [Re: JETJET]
WFink Offline
Just Started the Engine

This is great. Everytime I use a carwash with an underneath spray it blows my right front turn signal. And if I go thru a puddle it blows both turn signal lights. They should of had an option to turn off in the control system.

Moderator:  BruceF, hcvone, J.B., Shag Finger