Click here to
show your support
for the NCM
and C5Forum.

Home Discussion Forums Do It Yourself Articles About Your Corvette About This Site

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113897 - 05/03/19 11:10 AM AC Valve Cores(Schrader Valves)
Pinion Head. Offline
Just Started the Engine

Loc: Indiana
Hello I just joined the site and need to replace the ac high and low port valve cores(schrader valves). I have researched until my eyes have crossed,are the valve cores standard,JRA? My car is a 2000 C5. I definitely have slow leaks through them. I have seen them at the chain parts stores and have found some on Amazon that supposedly fit. However, I would rather ask people that have experience with these cars and get the correct answer. I cannot even find the gm part# for them. Would rather have OEM instead of a aftermarket, that is if there is an OEM, maybe they were discontinued. Any help will be appreciated.

Edited by Pinion Head. (05/03/19 01:09 PM)

#113898 - 05/03/19 02:44 PM Re: AC Valve Cores(Schrader Valves) [Re: Pinion Head.]
BruceF Offline
Full Throttle Member

Loc: Long Island, NY
I don't mess around with the AC. But, to my knowledge, they are standard.

One great source for Corvette parts is https://www.cultragfactoryparts.com/ You can give them a call/email and get a straight answer.

#113899 - 05/03/19 03:56 PM Re: AC Valve Cores(Schrader Valves) [Re: BruceF]
Pinion Head. Offline
Just Started the Engine

Loc: Indiana
Many thanks BruceF. I am old school, this posting stuff is new to me. Discovered this site not long ago, great info, a lot of topics, its a good one! I hope you get to see my thank you, I will try your suggestion. If I do not see my reply I will make another attempt to send a thanks.

Edited by Pinion Head. (05/03/19 03:59 PM)

Moderator:  BruceF, hcvone, J.B., Shag Finger