Click here to
show your support
for the NCM
and C5Forum.

Home Discussion Forums Do It Yourself Articles About Your Corvette About This Site

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113970 - 06/14/21 09:27 PM Trying to Identify Ram-Air Induction System
NovaC5 Offline
Just Started the Engine

Hello, I am new to the group and have a question about the Ram-Air Induction system on my'99 C5. I haven't been able to identify the manufacturer or figure out how to get the air filter out of it. I crawled under the front end and was able to see the back side of the filter in the intake behind the radiator shroud. The filter had part number 33-2118 which is a K&N filter. There is an airbox attached to the front of the radiator shroud which is held on by six allen-head screws. The bottom two screws are between the shroud and front frame member and seem difficult, if not impossible, to get to. It says "C5 Corvette Ram-Air Induction" in red letters on the front of the air box. I haven't figured out how to add pictures yet.

#113971 - 06/15/21 12:21 AM Re: Trying to Identify Ram-Air Induction System [Re: NovaC5]
BruceF Offline
Full Throttle Member

Loc: Long Island, NY
A picture may help, but maybe you can figure it out from a search?

Google Image Search

#113972 - 06/15/21 10:59 AM Re: Trying to Identify Ram-Air Induction System [Re: BruceF]
NovaC5 Offline
Just Started the Engine

Thanks for the Google image search idea. It showed a very similar item which someone called a "Callaway Honker Knockoff" but it didn't show the actual brand. On that version it looked like the airbox was riveted to the radiator shroud, which means you would have to take the shroud off to clean or change the air filter.

Moderator:  BruceF, hcvone, J.B., Shag Finger