Click here to
show your support
for the NCM
and C5Forum.

Home Discussion Forums Do It Yourself Articles About Your Corvette About This Site

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#79784 - 06/10/07 07:03 AM Bloomington Gold ya goin?
leadfoot Offline
Full Throttle Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
I am lol
Been to Chicago before on business going now for fun. Anybody been/going to this national vette event?
Where is the nearest available to play golf course? Where can a lady be found?

#79785 - 06/10/07 10:27 AM Re: Bloomington Gold ya goin?
Smokensparks Offline
Full Throttle Member

Loc: Never Never Land
While visiting a cousin about 8-9 years ago I played The Den at Fox Creek. Nice course on the southwest side of town. A links type layout with alot of sand. Have fun! cheers

#79786 - 06/11/07 04:56 PM Re: Bloomington Gold ya goin?
leadfoot Offline
Full Throttle Member

Thanks Dan !

I will do my best to have a blast. Shouldn't be difficult with all them corvettes to oogle. Some fine midwestern women too might get oogled. I will get to that golf course if I can. Thanks for the lead.

#79787 - 06/16/07 09:44 PM Re: Bloomington Gold ya goin?
leadfoot Offline
Full Throttle Member

Well I just got back from Chicago and Bloomington's corvette event. It was great. I am surprised there isnt more bloging about this? More than 500 corvettes auctioned and thousands of cars there. My buddies 73 achieved survivor judging,Achieved Gold certification and was one of three to achieve benchmark status. This means it is the standard for all 73's to be measured for originality. More about that later. Good news for C5 owners is the price was way up on C5's. 97 coupe with miles on it and in good but not great condition brought more than 23k. Brand new C6ZO6 72.5.
Corvette heaven for me. You should check it out it is well worth the travel and the accomodations were top notch.
See you at Carlisle?

#79788 - 06/17/07 09:57 AM Re: Bloomington Gold ya goin?
Smokensparks Offline
Full Throttle Member

Loc: Never Never Land
Sounds like a great event. Congrats on your buds car, quite an accomplishment. Did you get any golf in?

#79789 - 06/17/07 10:45 PM Re: Bloomington Gold ya goin?
leadfoot Offline
Full Throttle Member

No golf as my buddy got hung up and didnt make until friday. I had to do all the work on the car and the corvettes were way cool. The event is held on a golf course so I was on the fairway all the time. Did pass a links course during the performance test though. Great event for those interested in corvettes.

Moderator:  BruceF, hcvone, J.B., Redshift